Materials We Work With
Granite is one of the most durable and easily maintained choices for counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom. This natural stone has low porosity and a densely packed crystalline structure, which makes it stain-resistant, waterproof, and virtually scratch resistant. There is no place for bacteria to hide making this a sanitary choice.
Did you know that granite:
- Is slowly solidified from magma under the earth’s surface and is widely found throughout the continental plates of the Earth’s crust.
- Comes in a wide variety of colours depending on its specific mineral composition as well as chemistry.
- Is an igneous rock that is at least 20 percent quartz. It also contains potassium, feldspar as well as other minerals.
- Was used centuries ago; the sarcophagus in the Great Pyramid of Giza is made of red Aswan granite.
- Is used in sports; the stones used in the sport of curling are made of granite and have been since 1750.
- our main sources of granite is from Brazil, Europe & India
Marble boasts minimal care requirements and is versatile. It is widely used for kitchens, bathrooms, flooring, foyers, and the area surrounding a fireplace.
Did you know that marble:
- Was coveted for its durability and beauty by ancient civilizations.
- Was a symbol of elegance by the Greeks, Romans and other European societies.
- Is comprised mainly of limestone and forms in many colours as well as patterns.
- Is a metamorphic rock comprised of recrystallized carbonate minerals mostly dolomite or calcite.
- Inspired the marble painting technique as it replicates the marble’s pattern.
A hard white or colourless mineral consisting of silicon dioxide, found widely in igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks.
Did you know that quartz:
- Is man made material.
- Almost zero absorption.
- We are the dealer of Ceaserstone, Hanstone, Belenco,TCE.